Toolkit 1, Photoshop - Brushes and Custom Shapes

Today in our Photoshop tutorial, we learnt how to import brushes and how to create custom shapes.  Using textures and tone, I was able to produce a set of thumbnails quite quickly and without being overly precious about the drawing aspect. I intend to explore this further for my Invisible Cities thumbnails.


For the following image, I simply played with various shapes and practised with the lasso tool. 



In this next image, I explored the various brushes imported and, again got to grips with the standard and polygonal lasso tool.  I am really pleased with how these turned out and I am looking forward to doing some more that relate to my chosen city.




Comments

  1. Great start :) Looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - getting straight in there! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment